Sunday, July 10, 2011

July 4th Letter

Dearest Darlingist Momsy and Popsicle,

Hello! Well, we're into the second week! \

Wow, there's so much going on! Right now I'm in the Apple Store in Bluewater, which is one of the biggest shopping malls I've ever seen! Its P day, and the District and Zone Leaders are all in London for training so the rest of our zone went to a little wildlife place, and now we're here. It's been great, but I haven't had an opportunity to do the normal P day things. Like, you know, get some groceries. aka, we have nothing to eat... but its ok. Thats one of the things I've learned the most-- you can make do without a lot of things. The missionary schedule is so intense that you really have to prioritise. It's been really good. 

My companion is the District Leader, Elder Glancy, and he's from Santa Clarita, CA. He's a great guy and a good example of quiet dignity.  We've got a few people we're teaching, and one guy is super close to being baptised. We've also been doing TONS of finding. I guess you could say its not as scary any more. :) I like it now, and realise that it was unfortunate that I got so worried and worked up about things in the MTC. But its ok, you live and you learn.

Probably the best experience I've had so far was the work-over on Friday with the Zone Leader, Elder Boer, from Italy. He is an AMAZING missionary! So powerful, so passionate, and so dedicated. He really taught me a lot and set me on fire. He's developed this thing called the 30 second step in and it works so well. Before friday we had 1 step in, and then on Saturday and Sunday Elder Glancy and I had 12! It works! It also bumped up out new investigators a ton! Elder Boer also taught me a lot about what it means to be diligent. I've been doing alright with not getting distracted, but it needs to be raised to a whole level. I must eat, drink, sleep, breathe, and BE Missionary! I loved it! When we have the opportunity to give our ALL to Heavenly Father and do something for our Brothers and Sisters that they absolutely need, how can you not do your best? This mission must be everything to me. And I think its becoming that way. 

Another thing that I think is so cool is how tight we are as missionaries. I only see some of these guys maybe once a week and it seems like we're already best friends. Its terrific. I don't remember if I told you this experience, but when we got dropped off at the mission home in London, all of us Greenies went into a room and waited for our trainers. But before that, all of the guys who were going home came in and sat down. They were on FIRE! The Spirit was so strong, and I felt a great sense of comfort that I can be like them someday. Ah, it was SO COOL! And then we sang "Called to Serve" and on the second verse our trainers came in. That was cool too. 

Though we haven't had much success yet, the thing that keeps me going is the promise given by Preach My Gospel and many Apostles, that success is measured by commitment. So the more I commit myself, the more success we will have. And the Lord doesn't lie. :) Most people will never listen to us, but those who are prepared and ready will. And those are the people we are called to find. 

Now the reason for the title. :) The only music we're allowed to listen to is music with the church label. And... because each missionary gets to see a musical (or an EPL match), either Wicked or Lion King, we can listen to the music from those two shows. So... we listen to Wicked a lot. A whole lot. Its fine. 

Well, I hope you are all doing well. I love you! Happy Birthday Grandma! 

Love,

Elder Flores

No comments:

Post a Comment